THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO DEVELOPING A PERSONALIZED SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR MEN
The short + sweet
- Understanding your skin type (oily, dry, combination, or sensitive) is the first step to building an effective skin care routine.
- A basic skin care routine should consist of cleansing, treating (or toning), moisturizing, and applying sun protection.
- Consistency is key when it comes to seeing the benefits of your skin care routine.
- High-quality, science-backed ingredients like those found in El Detalle's "THE REGIMEN" will yield the best results.
- You should adjust your routine as needed, based on factors like climate and season.
Just like choosing the right suit, developing a personalized skincare routine requires attention to detail and an understanding of what works for you. This guide is here to demystify the process and provide you with the steps to create the best skin care routine.
First, it's crucial to know your skin type. Men's skin can be categorized as oily, dry, combination, or sensitive1. This knowledge will help you select products that address your specific concerns, ensuring optimal effectiveness.Next, let's dive into skin care routine steps.
A basic yet effective routine consists of four parts: cleansing, treating (or toning), moisturizing, and applying sun protection.
QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
News flash: the key to healthier skin isn't about hoarding an arsenal of products. It's about investing in quality stuff that works. Simple, right? But, how do you spot a quality skincare product? It’s all in the ingredients. Look for scientifically-backed components, like salicylic and glycolic acid in cleansers1 or hyaluronic acid and antioxidants in serums2. These are just some of the goodies packed into El Detalle's THE RESET and THE REVIVE.
The Magic Trio: Cleanse, Treat, Moisturize
Remember the golden rule: cleanse, treat, moisturize. It's as easy as one-two-three and doesn't require a manual. Start with a cleanser to sweep away dirt and excess oil3, then a serum to target specific skin concerns4. Round it off with a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and protected5. El Detalle's got you covered with THE RESET, THE REVIVE, and THE REHYDRATE.
- American Academy of Dermatology Association: Acne Treatment and You
- Healthline: Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
- American Academy of Dermatology Association: Face Washing 101
- WebMD: The Truth About Facial Serums
- American Academy of Dermatology Association: Moisturizer
- Forbes: Transparency In Skincare: What Does It Mean